Chinese Bible 中文圣经 & Hymns w/Pinyin (HELP FILE)
Thank you for taking the time to look at this software. For English speakers, I hope that you will find it useful in helping
you to communicate Christ more effectively in the Chinese Language.
Each component -- Bible, Chinese Christian Music, Dictionary, editor -- is designed
to help you to do this effectively. For native Chinese speakers, I hope that the Bible text
will aid you in your studies, the songs will aid you in your praise and the dictionary
will help you to do this bi- or tri-lingually! With the final result of you coming
closer to the Father. To order a CD, please contact us either through the internet or via mail at the address at the bottom of the page.
Your feedback is appreciated. If you have suggestions for
improving this software collection, please contact me (AiZhu @ xiaotu.com). If you have songs which
you would like to add to this collection, and they are not under copyright,
please send them to me for inclusion in this collection. I hope that in the future
we can put more and more Chinese Christian songs and literature on computer for
For information on updates and new releases to this software, please join our mailing list at
Components of this Software
1. Holy Bible (VS 1.0 Released 2007.11.18)
- Chinese Characters (Chinese Union Version, gb-2312 encoding)
- Romanized Chinese (Chinese Union Version, Hanyu pinyin)
- Chinese Bible w/ pinyin & English translation appearing on status bar
- English (King James Version)
- English (Basic English Version)
- Spanish (SEV)
- System Requirements: (1) An internet browser that supports files are written in HTML4.0.
(i.e. Internet Explorer (IE) versions > 5.0). If you are using versions of IE or Netscape
Navigator < 6.0, You need to copy all files to harddrive and then erase files
with extension .css. (2) The ability to view Chinese characters in your
browser. (generally available from as a free download from your browser supplier)[see FAQ].
2. Chinese Christian Carols and Hymns(vs 1.0 2008.07.01)
- Christian songs, Hymns and Scripture verses put to music. These songs represent those most commonly in use in Mainland China. In order to help you in your service, the Music, Chinese (gb), Chinese (pinyin), a word by word translation of the hymn to English from Chinese, and where appropriate, the common English words to that hymn are included
- Christmas carols (appropriate for seasonal outreach)
- (in preparation) MIDI files for Handel's Messiah and a number of common (Christian and non-Christian) Christmas tunes
- (in preparation) System requirements: A minority of the praise songs, that may be unfamiliar to Westerners, require
Noteworthy Player (freeware) to view the score.
In addition a program to view Chinese characters may be required for these songs. We
suggest: MVIEW (shareware, if you use you should
purchase separately) which allows input of viewing and input of
Asian Languages (Both these are on the CD)
Other material on CD...
3. Search the Bible using Hanyu Pinyin or English
This feature is, unfortunately, only currently available after you have copied the software from a CD,
then this flash animation walks you through the process, step-by-step. (It is not available on the website, as I do not have time to
rewrite the ANSI-C code to run on a server. )
4. Chinese document translator (program we use to create Pinyin files for Bible)
5. Chinese editor
- Allows writing in Chinese using conventional hanyu pinyin entry.
- Code is based on the Dr. Yang Yongxin's BYX1.1
- System requirements: English MS-DOS based operating system (i.e. English Windows OK,
if you are using a Chinese operating system this editor may not work.)
6. Chinese <-> English Dictionary
The dictionary is designed to help you quickly find most words in Biblical and
common daily usage. Considerable effort has been made to include words found
in hymns and the Bible.
The dictionary is searchable by entering:
System requirements: MS-DOS based operating system (i.e. Windows)
- Chinese character
- English word
- Chinese Pinyin.
7. Other Components, Items
- Investigative Bible Studies -- a variety of teaching materials for students
- personal daily finance manager (Help File ZRJM7.TXT)
- mailing list manager (Help File ZRJM8.TXT)
- Translate a file from Chinese Characters to Pinyin.
- Web links: Connect to other useful Websites.
- Science Data: Basic Physical Constants and unit conversions
8. Other Questions, See FAQ or the User guide
- "With a Servant's Heart" -
© Ai Zhu
- "With a Servant's Heart" -
3315 Cardiff Cr., Burlington, ON, Canada L7M 3X7
Bible Version 1.0 (released August 10, 2007)
Hymns and Carols vs 1.0 (released July 1, 2008)